Saturday, October 25, 2008

the messenger

He was my best friend, and you were an acquiantance.
I introduced you two one day, and the attraction was instant.
Only there was this gut feeling which made me feel hesitant.

You guys exchanged numbers, communication became constant.

Since then, the three of us were always together.
Watching movies, playing games, eating out for dinner.
I felt out of place but you insisted I wasn't a bother.
You needed me to say things, you can't directly tell each other.

You know guys talk about women and such,
Kinda like girl talk, but we don't talk that much.
He simply asked me what I thought about his "baby".
I said jokingly, "I'd steal her in a heartbeat, and forever keep her happy."

Seeing how it all turned out, I was happy for my friend.
Finally found a girl he can stick to 'til the end.
He said he was going straight, and will try not to bend.
I told you he said that, you jumped for joy, then it happened.

It was prom night, the night you couldn't wait for.
Yet he was passed out at some girl's condo floor.
He asked me to lie to you and not to tell the real score.
And that's what I did while standing at your door.

All dressed up and nowhere to go.
I hated him for not being able to show.
That dress looks too good to wear to bed.
Then you grabbed my arm, "I'll go with you instead."

We danced the the whole night but you knew what was going on.
I didn't have to snitch, you had a woman's intuition.
You cried and cried, but kept going through the motions.
I held you close, "Here's a shoulder to cry on."

I guess my joke from before was half-meant,
because here I am, on the way home, about to confess to his girlfriend.
I'm not trying to take advantage of the unfortunate events.
I just want to let you know I'm here, to help your broken heart mend.

At your door, the messenger stands before you,
This time, he can vouch that the message is true.
You should have known all along, it has always been in plain view.
Please don't be surprised, even to the messenger, it's something new.

His message states, "I Love You."
But it didn't come from you know who.
It came from the humble heart,
of the messenger standing before you.

2 comments:

ayzprincess said...

stalking you! ahahah :D

baket ganun? does that really happen in real life?? the guy friend falling for the girl, realizing it only when the girl is with someone else..

hay naku!! bagal lang kasi nung guy, malamang sa malamang, gusto rin sya nung gurl, until someone came along who was willing to reciprocate what she felt, although di nya lang na foresee na cheater pala.. ahahah

nakarelate?? aahahaha

welkam to blogger :D

CaLoi said...

haha, parang masyado ka yatang tinamaan dito ah. kwento ka naman!